With a corpus of drawings including ink works, pencil, ink and coal on paper and over a dozen tempera and mixed techniques, Galleria dello Scudo presents from 8 April 1969 the exhibition dedicated to Mario Sironi, realized in collaboration with Matilde Sironi, widow of the artist.
Memories of the war recurring in drawings such as Trincea (1918), urban architecture and compositions with figures of the twenties and thirties, studies by monument, allegorical visions and landscapes of various periods, are the subjects that alternate in an installation on show until 25 April 1969.
Mario Sironi was born in Sassari in 1885. His earliest training in art was in Rome where his father, an engineer, had been transferred in 1886. He registered at the life drawing school in the Rome academy of fine art. In Rome he came to know Melli and Balla and, in the latter’s studio, came into contact with Boccioni and Severini.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.