After the anthology at Palazzo della Pilotta, Parma in 1963, and at the Palazzo dei Normanni, Palermo in 1971, the exhibition dedicated to Renato Guttuso, which will be open at Galleria dello Scudo from November 26, 1977, is the first to bring together, according to an articulated critical project, a selection of paintings chosen from among the most significant to document the pictorial commitment of the Sicilian artist over a wide span of time.
After his first studies in 1935 and 1937 related to the movement of Current", the exhibition presents still lifes of the '40s, portraits of artists companions, such as Pietro Consagra and Giulio Turcato, paintings realized between 1945 and 1946, in addition to canvases, even large format, partly from public collections such as Boscaiolo of 1950, on loan from the civic collection of the Contemporary Art Gallery in Suzzara, Zolfara of 1955 from the Galleria d’Arte Moderna "Mario Rimoldi" in Cortina d'Ampezzo, La vucciria of 1974 owned by the University of Palermo, or the large canvas Comizio di quartiere of 1975 coming from a private collection.
In the catalog the artist publishes some notes of appreciation for the exhibition in Verona, that confirm the intention of the Gallery to make merit, through a coherent and organic exhibition project, to an artist who in thirty-five years of activity has kept faith with his own feelings and convictions.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.