Home / Exhibitions / Carmelo Cappello
26.02.1972 — 15.03.1972
The artistic debut of Carmelo Cappello, from Sicily, took place in 1938 with his solo exhibition in Rome at Galleria Bragaglia, followed by exhibitions in other galleries: Gianferrari, Annunciata, Il Milione, La Bussola, Schettini, Schneider, as well as his initial appearance at the Venice Biennale in 1940, where he would return with a solo room in 1958.
In the wake of the first abstract researches looking at Tatlin’s Russian Constructivism as well as at the works by Brancusi, Pevsner and Gabo, in February 1972 Galleria dello Scudo presents a nucleus of recently executed sculptures, performed in different materials such as chromed bronze, marble or steel, among which the Spirale in progressiva from 1971 stands out. The sculpture is 270 cm high.